Welcome to Sunny Side Up! Collecting happiness, applauding creativity, and discovering adventures. Join this California girl as I spend my last few days in the sunshine state, and move to the Big Apple. This is a place where inspiration is found in pop culture, fashion, hidden gems, fun times, and good people. Join me while I look on the sunny side of life!

Saturday, August 27

Post-hibernation

After a three month and six day hiatus, I have now finally been able to regain my place in the blogosphere. I apologize. Between May and June, I graduated from college, and immediately shipped off to a remote area to work at a summer camp. The experience was incredible, particularly because I spent two solid months advising 48 high school seniors. They, along with the other people I was surrounded by, all helped me grow as a person as I, hopefully, did the same for them.  While at camp, though, the internet connection was so splotchy that many websites, including Youtube, Pandora, and Blogger, were all banned due to lack of bandwidth. Fret no more! I'm back.

And as I return to my blog, I pack up my bags to leave on a jet plane. It's time for the big move, ladies and gents! Frank Sinatra said it best, "Start spreading the news. I'm leaving [on Tuesday]. I want to be a part of it! New York, New York! If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere."

I've missed being able to chat. Now I'm free, especially since I shipped all my belongings today. I'm hoping my belongings make it to my apartment safely, and that the Big Apple isn't harmed by Hurricane Irene. Actually, I hope the entire East Coast makes it out okay.

Starting next week, I'll be back on the normal schedule. Until then, here are some photos that have documented the past few months:

The Roast Trifecta-Poly Rep Banquet.

Senior Wine Tasting with one of my best friends. 

Last tour...ever. 
Graduation paparazzi.
My darling love since 2nd grade watched me graduate!
Welcome to Santa Rosa!

Move over Kate and Wills, Stephanie had the wedding of the year!
 
Dress like your advisor night at camp. They even got the pose right.

Home is Porter Creek.  C11T.
First trip to Fentons. Last goodbyes at Oakland Airport.
Siblings reunited at Mesa

No comments:

Post a Comment